Travels with Annie and Elmo

Travel should be a journey where the destination is just another part of the Journey.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

America the Beautiful


May 20, 2006

I am not going to try to describe The Grand Teton Mountains. I am giving you some pictures. My descriptive powers are inadequate. Their beauty, their majesty, their individuality demands poetry and a poet to write it. Another day, maybe; another life.

I have this only. The Teton Mountains are like an unattainable woman possessing perfect beauty; Princes Di, perhaps. Pick your own. I would probably pick Sophia Loren. One never tires of looking; but it is that, just looking.

The Great Prairie on the other hand is like the perfect lover, always new, always creative, always caring and always pleasing.

This Country is unbelievable, and we must occasionally drive across it to remember what we have.

Tomorrow we may leave the USA. This journey has reminded me that our Country possesses unfathomable beauty, beauty that can give joy to our souls and the souls of our grandchildren and great grandchildren. This beauty is a gift, but not just for us. We must preserve it for those who come after us. We must ensure that our generation’s greed does not destroy this gift that was given to all generations.

I believe that “no beauty” is a form of death and that destruction of beauty or our failure to protect it for others is sin.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not only America is beautiful.. whole world is beautiful. We live near blue mountain ranges of Nilgiris at Coimbatore now. I can't explain the beauty the nature offers in abundance.
You seems to have good balanced lifestyle. Enjoy your life. Best wishes.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Tim and Elmo
Thanks for sharing your travels with us! We are enjoying cool humid mornings and evenings here in TX. Still no rain. I have started waking up very early to work in the garden. Sid and I just enjoyed our first sugar snap pea. I am still learning about vegetable gardens. I guess sugar snap peas are a winter vegetable?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home