Travels with Annie and Elmo

Travel should be a journey where the destination is just another part of the Journey.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Elmo Report


Elmo did not get to go on the last two trips. He was baby sitting with Jeff and Tammy and their kids. He likes it there but still misses Annie. Tammy says that Elmo is emotionally aware. I have been watching him since she said that. A few nights ago he knew Annie was chapped about something. I should have been more emotionally aware; or at least been aware of the signals Elmo was giving me. If I had I might not have been smarting off when I should have been backing off.

Going is still Elmo's favorite activity; going for a walk, going for a ride in the car; going on a hike. For Elmo, going always beats staying. I have been reading Martie Marie's book, Two In The Far North, which I highly recommend. She talks about how the sled dogs are never happier than when they are pulling the sled. I guess Elmo has a little sled dog in him. I think Annie may also. She sure likes to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home